Lake Cumberland Retreat
It is time for the FBC Spring Men’s Retreat. This annual outing is a great time to join your Christian brothers in outdoor fun and fellowship.
The retreat is scheduled for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday May 16-18, on beautiful Lake Cumberland in Jamestown, Kentucky. We have reserved six deluxe houseboats. Each boat sleeps 10 and is equipped with four full-sized sleeping berths and a sleeping sofa. In addition, they each have a fully equipped kitchen, a gas grille, two bathrooms with one shower, television, VCR, and climate controls.
Activities for the weekend vary but always include boating, jet-skiing, fishing, swimming, water skiing, paintball, bon fires, and death defying cliff dives. You will be encouraged through the morning devotions and testimony time around the camp fire each night.
Costs involved for each individual include:
· Retreat Fee - $110.00, $125 after April 14th. Click here to sign up for the Men's Retreat.
This covers houseboat rental, tax, insurance (houseboat), houseboat fuel, and food.
· Gas money (optional) -$10.00 to $20.00. Several men have volunteered to bring their personal boats at their own expense. If you take advantage of their hospitality, please plan on contributing when we pass around the gas fund bucket.
· Fishing License (optional) - $21.00. This is a 3-day, non-resident fishing license ($7.00 for a one-day license).
NOTE: Starting on Sunday, April 7th, will be boat sign ups. You will sign up on a boat at the welcome center. Each boat is limited to 10 people.
Also, please recruit others to join you on your boat. We will make room or reserve more boats if needed.
· The Church bus will leave at 7:00AM and is open to anyone needing a ride to the lake.
· You may also catch a ride with the guys who carpool and caravan together.
· We will use Eastern Time Zone (ET) during the weekend. Remember your phone, if it gets a signal, will change to Central Time Zone
Departure time & meals on the road:
· The main body will depart FBC Thursday May 16 at 7:00AM. You do not have to take part in this caravan, but your presence is required on the State Dock at 1:00PM (ET). Make sure you arrive at this time.
· We will stop for breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Kentucky.
· The last chance for lunch will be in Jamestown, KY. The first meal on board the boats will be served around 7:00PM (ET), so you may want to take advantage of the Famous Recipe Chicken on the way into Jamestown.
· Take 275 west/south to 75 south.
· Get off at exit 62 – Mt. Vernon Renfro Valley and head west.
· Turn onto 80 west.
· Turn left onto 127 heading south.
· State Dock entrance will be on your left.
· 1:00-1:30 PM (ET). Find the boat that you are assigned to and stow your gear at this time.
· There is a large amount of common gear (food, coolers, paintball gear, supplies, etc.) that must be loaded onto the boats; everyone’s help during this hour would be appreciated.
· Captains need to stay near their boats in order to complete the captain’s lesson/inspection and to keep count of all that are berthing on their boat.
· All houseboats need to have at least two, and preferably three, men on board while underway (leaving and returning).
· All houseboats will have their radios tuned to the same channel (TBD) while underway.
· The docking barge will proceed to the island first. The rest of the “fleet” will be guided in by the smaller personal watercraft. If piloting a small boat, please make yourself available for service.
· In case of emergency contact State Dock (888) 782-8336 / 270-566-2012 after hours, Water Patrol 1-800-252-5378, or if you are desperate, Pastor Bob 513-505-2581.
· All House boats provide linens, pillows, and towels.
· Please drive carefully.
· Travel in groups so that help is available if problems arise.
Note: When packing for this trip, remember mid-May temperatures are not always predictable. You will want to prepare for rain and sunshine, warm and cold. Bring your Bible, swim trunks, towel, fishing gear, your own soft drinks (coffee and juice are provided), and snacks for yourself and some to share with others.